2/26/15

Spring Reading List 2015

I might be slightly early with this post but I guess it's good to get a head start than be late (like I typically am!) Here's my top 10 reading list for Spring 2015.



 
1. The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty
 
"Imagine your husband wrote you a letter, to be opened after his death. Imagine, too, that the letter contains his deepest, darkest secret—something with the potential to destroy not only the life you have built together, but the lives of others as well. And then imagine that you stumble across that letter while your husband is still very much alive…" --- I'm sorry, WHAT?! I think this sounds like a fun read and I've heard the paper back version is now available =) My favorite!
I've heard so much praise for Liane Moriarty with her other books as well, Big Little Lies and What Alice Forgot, I've decided this will be my first read and then I'd like to continue with those as well.
 
 
 
2. The Girl With All The Gifts by M.R. Carey
 
I have heard nothing but great things about this book and I can't wait to get my hands on it! The story is about Melanie, a very special girl who is collected from her cell every morning for class and she is heavily watched and guarded. I've found several reviews online of people saying that this book is extremely difficult to review without giving away spoilers... !!!! Oh come on!!!  
 

3. The Glam Guide by FleurDeForce
 
My favorite Youtuber, Fleur has released her first book this month! The Glam Guide is filled with beautiful pictures and illustrations of tips and pointers for beauty and lifestyle motivation. I'm thrilled and extremely happy for Fleur! She's one of the first Youtubers I started watching and was someone who inspired me to start my Youtube channel! Go Fleur! Can't wait to read your book!  
 
 
 4. Paper Towns by John Green
 
I have decided to read all of John Green's books this Spring! I've gotten to read The Fault in Our Stars and Looking For Alaska, I think Paper Towns will be the next read followed by An Abundance of Katherines.
 
 
 5. The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
 
This is a book I read a few months ago and has been a favorite of mine since then. I would love to re-read it soon as well as the first book in the series, The Cuckoos Calling. This story focuses on detective Cormoran Strike and the disappearance of novelist Owen Quine. His wife believes he has gone away for a few days something he does often.
 
"But as Strike investigates, it becomes clear that there is more to Quine's disappearance than his wife realizes. The novelist has just completed a manuscript featuring poisonous pen-portraits of almost everyone he knows. If the novel were to be published, it would ruin lives-meaning that there are a lot of people who might want him silenced.
When Quine is found brutally murdered under bizarre circumstances, it becomes a race against time to understand the motivation of a ruthless killer, a killer unlike any Strike has encountered before... A compulsively readable crime novel with twists at every turn, THE SILKWORM is the second in the highly acclaimed series featuring Cormoran Strike and his determined young assistant, Robin Ellacott." -Robert Galbraith
 
Robert Galbraith is a pseudonym for J.K. Rowling, author of the Harry Potter series and The Casual Vacancy. I've read everything! Also, I heard that J.K. Rowling will collaborate with BBC for a TV adaptation. *high jump into the air with weird dance moves*
6. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
 
I've read the first two in this series and have thoroughly enjoyed them! I'm excited to read Allegiant soon (they have a few available copies at my local library! I'm always impressed with all the titles they have in such a small library! Anyway...) I'm also excited to read Four! Click here to read the short, e-book!... don't if you haven't read the first three! =)
 
7. Yes Please by Amy Poehler
 
I'm an Amy Poehler fan so this is a must!
 

From the Back Cover

"In a perfect world . . .
We'd get to hang out with Amy Poehler, watching dumb movies, listening to music, and swapping tales about our coworkers and difficult childhoods. Because in a perfect world, we'd all be friends with Amy—someone who seems so fun, is full of interesting stories, tells great jokes, and offers plenty of advice and wisdom (the useful kind, not the annoying kind you didn't ask for, anyway). Unfortunately, between her Golden Globe-winning role on Parks and Recreation, work as a producer and director, place as one of the most beloved SNL alumni and cofounder of the Upright Citizens' Brigade, involvement with the website Smart Girls at the Party, frequent turns as acting double for Meryl Streep, and her other gig as the mom of two young sons, she's not available for movie night.
Luckily we have the next best thing: Yes Please, Amy's hilarious and candid book. A collection of stories, thoughts, ideas, lists, and haikus from the mind of one of our most beloved entertainers, Yes Please offers Amy's thoughts on everything from her "too safe" childhood outside of Boston to her early days in New York City, her ideas about Hollywood and "the biz," the demon that looks back at all of us in the mirror, and her joy at being told she has a "face for wigs." Yes Please is chock-full of words and wisdom to live by."
 

8. Uganda Be Kidding Me by Chelsea Handler
 
I'm craving to read a fun book! Haven't read one from Chelsea Handler yet and I think I'm picking this one to be the first. In this book, Chelsea Handler shares her experiences of traveling in Africa with her friends and family.  
 
 
 
I LOVE THIS BOOK! This was a gift from my mom-in-law and it's definitely on my top 5 favorite  book list! It is a passionate read, very uplifting and helped me out when I was going through a hard time in my life. This is the perfect book to read and re-read!
 
"A compilation of funny, irreverently reverent stories on aligning with the Divine in daily life. It’s written for the passionately spiritual and bemusedly skeptical alike." - Tosha Silver
 
 
I read this book a few months ago before seeing the movie in theaters. The ending... wow. Not giving anything away here, but I really admire Katniss' character and how much she's willing to fight for what she believes is right. This trilogy was fun to read and the pacing is great as well, the story just keeps moving and it'll keep you up at night. I'd like to read this again before the next movie comes out!
 
I think I've leaned pretty far into the young adult range and I have a thing for re-reading some of my favorite books! It's fun to be a part of someone else's story and I definitely think I'd like to get back into reading one novel every week! I'll post from time to time what I'm currently reading and am thinking of starting a book club with you all =) I could pick a book every few months and we can discuss it on here and my Youtube channel.
I  also love grabbing the trilogies from my local library because it's fun to jump into the next book right away. What books are on your list for the next season? Let me know in the comments below! Happy reading!
 
 
post signature

No comments: