3/11/15

What I'm Reading...

I stopped by the library this past weekend and picked up a few books I've been wanting to read lately.. thought I'd share =)

 
 
This one I just finished, a friend lent me and it was totally different from what I was thinking it might be. FROM THE BACK COVER: "Misty Wilmot has had it. Once a promising young artist, she’s now stuck on an island ruined by tourism, drinking too much and working as a waitress in a hotel. Her husband, a contractor, is in a coma after a suicide attempt, but that doesn’t stop his clients from threatening Misty with lawsuits over a series of vile messages they’ve found on the walls of houses he remodeled. Suddenly, though, Misty finds her artistic talent returning as she begins a period of compulsive painting. Inspired but confused by this burst of creativity, she soon finds herself a pawn in a larger conspiracy that threatens to cost hundreds of lives. What unfolds is a dark, hilarious story from America’s most inventive nihilist, and Palahniuk’s most impressive work to date." When I first started reading this book, I felt so sorry for Misty to the point I felt slightly depressed. I stopped reading it then after a few weeks I finally dove back into it and the story reminded me of The Wicker Man just because of the suspense.. remember Nicolas Cage in that movie? Creep city (not Cage, the movie... lol) I loved Palahniuk's writing in this story!
 

      2. The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks

I've never read a Nicholas Sparks novel! A few years ago, I read his memoir, Three Weeks With My Brother and have seen a few of his movies (A Walk To Remember, The Last Song, etc.) I heard about this one from Allison Anderson's blog and thought it seemed very interesting =) This is Sparks' only 'thriller' (which I LOVE) so I thought I'd start with this and go onto some of his other books.


 
The movie came out last year, which I still haven't seen =) I found this while looking for another John Green book and thought... why not? 
 
 
 
 


Mentioned this one in my Spring Reading List post and finally picked it up ---- BEYOND THRILLED!!! It's kind of silly how excited I am over these books! I really loved the Divergent series more than I thought I would.
 
What have you guys been reading lately? Or what books are you looking forward to reading? Let me know in the comments!
 
ALSO! There's still time to enter my Urban Decay giveaway!
 

post signature
 
 

No comments: